Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Little Dinner Conversation





We've been waiting for you, Balnetar and I, he knows I get... hungry... for company out here. We're tucked away in the middle of nowhere, between two folds of the Highlands. Balnetar knew you were coming before you'd put on your coat and taken up your keys to the automobile in your snug little garage. How the times have changed since I was born. It is so much easier to make friends and invite them over for a bite to eat. Most of them are blessed with good taste and I truly enjoy going all out for them.

What is that noise you ask? Why 'tis only Iain, piping up the moon. Oh, my goodness yes, The Silver Lady is her full round self tonight. So excellent that it should coincide with the Samhain Festival tonight.

Yes, yes, the Festival is always held by the old castle, the one so near the loch. Isn't that wonderful to have such a rich mist risig from the loch's depths? Come, come to the window dear. You can hardly see Iain as he marches to the castle as have his family for centuries. Ill? Och, nay, his family are always pale as he, but oh! the sloe-coloured eyes and midnight black hair are stunning with the white skin, don't you agree?

7 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I do agree, wonderful writing, indeed.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

See, there! Yes, 'tis Iain passing close by so we can hear his pipes clearly. Aye, he's a good man, true and full of spirit. Why do I not ask him to join us?
Tonight his duty as Piper takes precedence. Also he will be at the feast we will attend come midnight.
Ohhhh, yes, he is as wild, passionate, and hearty of appetite as he seems. Betimes he can be well-nigh insatiable in his thirst.
Is our light supper to tide us till the feast ready? Yes, follow me. We will enjoy our meal much more in the kitchen, where the stove glows warm and the kettle stays hot. I've a lovely tomato consomme and fingers of garlic toast. Then there is a lovely salad of baby forest greens and crisp bacon. And for a light dessert I've a cherry glacee cooling in the fridge.
Yes, we'll be quite ready to eat come midnight dear, our revels till then will bring on a deep hunger.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Nay, lass, I couldnae ferrgit the offerins!! An' richt special they be this Samhain. I've searched you Internet all year lookin' fer just the pairfect thing tae gift them wi'. It is waitin' in mah kitche fer them noo.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Gwen, Gwen, Gwen....where do you go after sunset REALLY?

Anita Marie

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I love it Gwen. You have created images in my mind and that is a sign of very good writing my dear.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Where do I go at night you ask. Can ye nae tell lass?
I gae on Th'Wild Hunt, wi' the Horned God an' th' Lady o' Twa faces. On ma steed o' dapple grey, mah Prism-Horse; I fly any where I wish tae go, he will nay tire, nor will 'e fear.
Nay, not e'en the Shape Shifter's Call, when 'tis upon me can stay him frae his path.
Mah moont, o' oold and noble bluid, old as unicorns and the wee folk he is.
The Moonfall is he, last o' his kind, as am I. We hae nay faded awa' as hae the rest o' our kind. We remain, until the Auld Gods call us tae retairn ta them.
Here, hidden in th' mists o' th' loch, in the shadoo o' th' auld Lard's Castle we hunt, the foolish traveller, and unwary shepherd are our prey.
Nay, nay lass!! Dinnah fear, I am a true Hunter, I tak oonly thoos that are injured, ill; I am the Thinner of Herds.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Madame le Enchanteur, I feared ye were gone frae this world. I' does mah auld and weary heart guid tae knoo ye still abide the Earth.
Magic cannae die here.
Too many otherr worlds hae fallen beneath the yoke o' science. Magic cannae die, if it were tae do this 'twould mean th' end o' all dreams and the death o' love.
For 'tis in dreams an' love that magic lives on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home